Dr. Jonathan Sampson, DPT
I began practice as a physical therapist in 2010, where I dove into the world of orthopedic sports medicine. Working with an athletic trainer, at a contracted high school (Henry Sibley!), I found myself spending an equal amount of time on sports sidelines as I was in the clinic. This helped me create long lasting relationships with athletic teams, physicians, and families.
I helped successfully start a new physical therapy branch for a company based in northern Minnesota, allowing me the unique opportunity to, at one point, hold contracts with 5 local high schools in sports medicine.
In 2019 I was honored with the opportunity to take a role on the breast cancer rehabilitation team at a rural hospital’s outpatient clinic. I worked with an extremely rewarding population of patients. I spent just under two years there, before my career would turn another page.
The call back to private practice was exciting when I was offered the opportunity to join RH Health & Injury Specialist to be the Director of Physical Therapy. I knew that the opportunity to join the RH team as Director of Physical Therapy and work collaboratively with Dr. Hetland was an exciting challenge, one that I was willing to meet head on!
As a physical therapist trained in osteopathic manual medicine, my methodology of human rehabilitation extends well beyond basic treatment approaches. I believe in thinking outside the box and enjoy the challenges that are afforded with complex spine care, extremity care, functional manual sports medicine, work with athletes and sports teams.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, College of St Scholastica 2010
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Certification in Functional Manual Medicine - ongoing
- Klose Breast Cancer Care - ongoing
- Kinesiotape Certification
- Recurrent Guest Lecturer - University of Minnesota Medical School, Family Practice Residency
- National Youth Leadership Foundation - Medicine Series - Recurrent Lecturer at Berkeley University, California - Program Development for Physical Therapy
- Rotarian - West St Paul/Mendota Heights/Inver Grove Heights/South St Paul
- Top Doctor 2018 - Physical Therapy - Functional Manual Medicine
I live in Farmington with my wife, Vanessa, and two beautiful daughters, Amelia and Piper. When not in the clinic, I enjoy ice fishing on Lake of the Woods, camping in the summer and fall with my family, attending Oshkosh Airventure (Vanessa is a pilot), and all forms of hunting. Additionally, I teach the Minnesota Permit to Carry class, am a managing partner of FishHouse360.com, and volunteer my time as the Director of Capital Fundraising and Corporate Sponsorships with the Band of Brothers Outdoors organization, a non profit organization that exists to provide meaningful recreational therapy to active and honorably discharged military veterans.