Food Sensitivity Assessments in Inver Grove Heights?
Making general dietary recommendations to patients no longer work for most because in America most everyone has some type of food sensitivities.
A “Food Sensitivity” is different than an “Allergy or Allergic Reaction” in that an allergy gives you a symptom almost immediately, BUT food sensitivities in Inver Grove Heights may not give you any noticeable symptoms for days!
Food Sensitivity in Inver Grove Heights MN
At RH we recommend everyone test not guess. Genova Diagnostics is a leader in comprehensive laboratory testing, and who we use at RH for food sensitivity testing. Finding out if you have a sensitivity to diary, almonds, tomatoes etc… is really important, because you might be eating or drinking something your sensitive to every day.
Why is this such a big deal? Because food sensitivities cause inflammation and can lead to almost any common health condition like cancer and leaky gut!
The IgG Food Antibody Assessment is a blood test that measures antibodies to 87 commonly consumed foods. The panel also includes a total IgE measurement. The body can react to foods in many different ways. Adverse food reactions can lead to distressing symptoms and chronic health conditions.
Often times it is unknown exactly which food(s) may be the cause and testing can help identify the problematic foods. Removal of the reactive foods often results in resolution of symptoms.
Conditions associated with IgG food sensitivity:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Migraine headaches
- Skin rashes such as eczema
- Joint aches
- Autoimmune disease
- Crohn's Disease
The Leaky Gut Connection
The presence of circulating IgG antibodies to foods may be suggestive of increased intestinal permeability, also referred to as "leaky gut syndrome." When the tight junctions forming the barrier in the gut do not work properly, larger substances can "leak" through, causing an immune response. This immune response may result in the production of IgG antibodies to foods. There are multiple dietary and lifestyle factors that contribute to increased intestinal permeability. These factors include alcohol, stress, chronic NSAID use, Western-type diet (high consumption of red meat, animal fat, high sugar, and low fiber food), and prolonged and strenuous exercise.
Food Antibody Test Information & Pricing
The IgG Food Antibody Panel can be ordered as a stand-alone test or bundled with other profiles. Often, we will bundle several smaller profiles in order to see a more complete picture of the patient's immune-mediated response. Individual profile tests are discounted at $250 cash at RH ($899 is the listed price), and no insurance can be billed. Each additional profile is $99. All tested combined is discounted at $899 ($2,573 is the listed price).
Profiles that can be bundled include:
- IgG Foods - 87 foods plus total IgE
- IgG Vegetarian - 21 foods plus total IgE
- IgG Spices - 23 spices plus total IgE
- IgE Foods - 19 foods plus total IgE
- IgE Molds - 15 modls plus total IgE
- IgE Inhalants - 16 inhalants specific to 18 North American geographic regions plus total IgE
- Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity - Total IgA, tTG IgA, DGP IgA, Anti-Gliadin IgG & IgA
Steps for getting your IgG Food Antibody Testing
- Set up a coaching session.
- We will review your health considerations and get you a test kit.
- Set up a blood draw at any of the recommended locations and they will send your kit in for you.
- We will receive your test results within two weeks and call you to schedule another visit to review your results and help you understand any recommendations.
Blood Draw Information
The following are locations to have your blood drawn for the Genova food sensitivity testing. Please call and schedule your blood draws at any of these locations.
Woodbury: 651-232-0228 Woodwinds Hospital
- 1925 Woodwinds Drive, Woodbury, MN
Any Lab Tests Now: 763-398-5115
- 4345 Nathan Lane North, Plymouth, MN
Fairview Southdale: 952-924-5000
- 6401 France Ave South, Edina, MN
Any Lab Tests Now: 651-259-8800
- 20200 Heritage Drive, Lakeville, MN
Before your blood draw you will need to make sure to eat a little of everything you may be sensitive to, excluding any link you know you have an allergy to.
Make sure you have received your kit from RH and bring the kit with you at your blood draw appointment.
- There is a Requisition form that we will make sure is completed for you before you take the kit.
- Your kit will have everything needed to bring with you for the blood draw, please review any information given with your kit.
- Your kit will include a freeze block you will need to take out of the kit and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours overnight. Remember to bring the frozen block with all other items with you to the blood draw.
Bring your blood draw kit to your appointment and they will do the rest for you including send your blood with kit to Genova Labs.
It takes between 1-2 weeks to get the lab results back (Results are sent directly to RH for review and recommendations).
SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT TO REVIEW LAB RESULTS + RECOMMENDATIONS
We will review your test results and have some recommendations to go over with you at your next in-person or virtual appointment. If you don’t have an appointment already scheduled to review your results and go over next steps and recommendations, we will call you from RH when the lab results have arrived.
If you have any questions or need help at any time, please reach out and we are happy to help.
FREE HEALTH COACHING CONSULTATION
with no out of pocket expense!
FREE HEALTH COACHING CONSULTATION