Laser-Guided Decompression in Inver Grove Heights
For more severe and complicated low back disc conditions, we are one of only a few clinics in the world that offer "laser-guided" decompression.
Combining Certified Decompression Therapy Practitioner techniques and Class IV Laser Treatments is one of the most powerful ways to help disc heal and recover
Non-Surgical Decompression Therapy targets restoring the disc natural way of hydration through imbibing fluid into and out of the disc by "decompressing" the spinal structures with custom settings to allow for the goal of restoring the disc natural pumping action called "Imbibition", which is usually the main reason a disc will become dehydrated in the first place.
Here is the Sequence of events that most commonly occurs in Disc Conditions:
- Trauma misaligned the spinal vertebrae, either from the accumulative effects of repeated minor episodes or from a single incident.
- The misaligned vertebrae causes disc and nerve irritation and "compresses" the center of the disc called the "nucleus", forcing the discs outer rings causing a "disc bulge" or "disc herniation" to occur and eventually "degenerative disc disease" to set in overtime.
- The now inflamed/swollen disc can potentially irritate the nearby spinal nerves and spinal cord. To protect these delicate and important structures the body will cause the "muscles to go into spasm" to prevent excess movement and therefore damage.
- Here is the key! The lack of motion in the subluxated segment inhibits the discs normal pumping action causing the disc to dehydrate. The lack of water in the disc causes the disc to "crack and fissure." this causes pain because the fibers have a lot of pain-sensing nerves.
- The gel-like substance in the disc (collagen) begins to seep into these cracks and fissures which irritates surrounding tissues.
- As more of this process occurs either suddenly or over time, the disc begins to "bulge", "herniates" or can possibly "rupture". This can cause direct pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.
This Disc Disease Process Is Exactly What we Treat at RH Clinic!
It all starts with a "Proper Diagnosis" of the condition of your spine. This happens through a proper consultation with the doctor to evaluate your current status and history.
A proper "Examination" and evaluation of your spine is necessary, including the "Gonstead chiropractic Physical Assessment, which includes visual, palpation of swelling and spinal alignment, digital nerve testing (Nervoscope), movement assessment and full-spine x-rays.
Orthopedic, neurological, soft tissue physical testing and digital postural assessments. Any advanced imaging that is usually necessary to properly evaluate the spine such as "Digital X-rays" and MRI's.
A proper understanding of the Diagnosis by the doctor of the primary condition and causes of your condition is essential before starting to treat, and is essential for you the patient to getting only the appropriate treatment recommendations and the best results possible.
Once the Doctor Establishes a "Proper Diagnosis" then He will review this with you in a "Report of Findings" so you can understand what exactly is happening and causing your disc or spine condition and exactly what the Doctor will be recommending for treatment(s).
There are many different treatments available that can help discs to heal naturally, mostly without the need for "Western Medicine", although if a Medical Doctors referral is necessary the Doctor will tell you immediately and make that appropriate referral to the best possible M.D. provider in town, which is possible.
The following is a list of common disc treatments, keeping in mind that most do not need all of these, but possibly some combination of these to "fix" the disc.
Therapy - Chiropractic - Rehab
- Gonstead Chiropractic
- Inter-segmental Traction
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Light Laser Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Spinal Disc Decompression Therapy
- Proper Posture Training
- Functional Movement Assessments & Training
- Whole Body Vibration Therapy & Rehab
This does not include any of the countless different at home specific things patients should and could be doing that will help tremendously aid in the relief, repair, rehab and restoration of your back and neck condition(s).
As you can see this is not the easiest path to journey on your own and if done inappropriately can cost you valuable time, money and your future.
Our purpose is to help you on the journey to the pain relief, helping your body repair, rehabilitate and fully restore your health and life! We would love to help you and anyone you know suffering with any neck or back conditions.
If you would like to schedule a no-obligation proper consultation and examination with Dr. Hetland call us today at (651) 756-7941 or feel free to schedule online here.
Do You Have or Been Diagnosed with Any of The Following Conditions:
- Back or Neck Pain of any Kind
- Numbness & Tingling in the Leg and Feet (Sciatic Pain)
- Numbness & Tingling in the Shoulder(s) / Arms and hand
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Slipped Disc
- Pinched Nerve
- Failed Back Surgery
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 5:30pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm
Starts at 9:00am
Overcoming His Fear… Jamar Shares His 1st Chiropractic Scoliosis Treatment With Us From Exam To Adjustment
Chiropractic Treatment Fixed Chest Tightness, Tingling in Arms, & Light Headedness By Focusing On What The Parasympathetic Nervous System Was Telling Lindsay
Athletic Training And Sports Injuries Require A Good Sports Chiropractor. See Professional Pitcher Alex Ogren’s Story